What is a cookie?A cookie is a small amount of data stored on a computer that contains information about the internet pages that have been viewed from that computer. They are common place on the internet and are used by websites to improve the user’s online experience by storing information about how the user navigated around and interacted with it. This information is then read by the website on the next occasion that the user visits. Cookies are sent automatically by websites as they are viewed, but in order to protect a user’s privacy, a computer will only permit a website to access the cookies it has sent, and not the cookies sent by other sites. Furthermore, users can adjust the settings on their computer to restrict the number of cookies that it accepts, or notify them each time a cookie is sent. This should improve privacy and security but will generally mean that certain personalised services cannot be provided, and it may therefore prevent the user from taking full advantage of a website’s features. For further information on cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
What sort of cookies do we use on our website?We use two types of cookies: session cookies and stored cookies. Session cookies expire at the end of the user’s browser session and can also expire after the session has been inactive for a specified length of time, usually 20 minutes. Session cookies are stored in the computer’s memory and are automatically deleted from the user’s computer when the browser is closed. Stored cookies are stored on the user’s computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Stored cookies can retain user preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions.
- Google Analytics from Google
- HubSpot from HubSpot Inc
- Cookies for the Location και Wishlist
- Who: Website Visitors
- What: Checking but not storing User’s IP. Saving the wishlist of the user.
- Why: To find out the User’s Location and display a popup. To save a user’s Wishlist
- Where: In the user’s browser and accessed by the website
- Until when: IPs are not stored. Wishlists are saved as cookies indefinitely.
- How: Through Cookies functionality
- Google Analytics for the visitation
- Who: Website Visitors
- What: Anonymised Visitation History
- Why: To check visitation and behaviour of visitors in the website
- Where: Through Google Analytics
- Until when: Indefinitely.
- HsscThis cookie keeps track of sessions. This is used to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp. (Expires: 30 min)
- hstcThe main cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session). (Expires: 2 years)
- hssrcWhenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session. (Expires: end of session)
- hubspotutkThis cookie is used to keep track of a visitor’s identity. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.
- _gaUsed to distinguish users for website analytics
- _gidUsed to distinguish users for website analytics
- sessionidUsed for identifying sessions in website (not linked to any personal data. This is an ID for uniquely identifying a website visit)
- csrftokenUsed for security purposes (not linked to any personal data. This is an ID for uniquely identifying a website visit)
Can I browse your website without receiving any cookies?Yes. If you have set your computer to reject cookies, you can still browse our website. However, certain functions may not be available to you unless you enable cookies.